Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for your Appointment for registration paperwork to be completed. If requested, this can be emailed to you prior to the appointment.
All patients are seen by Dr Scarlett personally for appraisal and medical assessment prior to decisions about cosmetic surgery.
Your first consultation will take approximately 30 minutes.
What is discussed at your consultation:
- Your expectations and the desired outcome
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Family history of breast cancer and results of any mammograms or previous biopsies
- Cost of the procedure based on the decision of brand and type of implant chosen (if applicable)
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast augmentation or other surgery as applicable and any risks or potential complications
If you are happy to proceed with the surgery, then Dr Scarlett will
- Examine and measure your breasts, including detailed measurements of their size and shape, skin quality, and placement of your nipples and areolas
- Try the look of the implant sizes out using our samples and a sports bra if applicable
Is There Anything Else I Should Bring With Me to My Consultation?
Other than the previously mentioned patient forms, and a list of questions, it is also helpful when looking at breast augmentation bring in a few pictures of what type of result you are looking for. This will help your surgeon have a vision for what you see for yourself and also let you know if this vision is realistic for your personal features.
If you already have breast implants and are looking to have a revision or exchange, bring your existing implant information with you (i.e. date, manufacturer, size and style of implant).
What Can I Do Before My Consultation to Prepare for Financial Arrangements?
Please see our information here .
The fee quoted to you will include the surgeon’s fee, the anaesthesia fee, an implant cost (if applicable) and the hospital fee.
We offer financing through MacCredit as well as in house prepayment plans and also Visa, MasterCard or bank cheque for payments.