How Can You Help Me?
Our outward appearance is a living mosaic that reflects the many facets of our lives and who we are. Not only genetics but societal demands, busy work schedules, medical conditions and sun damage affect the way we look. Cosmetic surgery now offers alternatives to growing old gracefully or living with a personally unacceptable appearance.
There are many new and exciting avenues in cosmetic surgery that have become available which can create a more positive body image. Recent refinements in body contouring, with both tumescent and ultrasonic liposuction, intertwine art and medicine to remove unwanted or difficult-to-lose fatty areas.
Breast augmentation, with saline implants, allows the use of much smaller insertion sites and provides a greater ability to fine tune the symmetry of the breasts, thereby giving a naturally enhanced appearance.
Breast augmentation can enhance appearance and boost self-confidence, but it won’t necessarily change one’s looks to match an “ideal” image. Before a woman decides to have surgery, she should think carefully about her expectations as well as possible outcomes, and discuss them with her surgeon. The best candidates for breast augmentation are women who are looking for improvement, not perfection, in the way they look.
Breast augmentation may be a good option for you if you have at least one the following conditions or traits:
- You consider your breasts to be too small or under-developed
- You believe your figure is out of proportion due to small breasts and in turn, make your hips appear wider
- You feel you have limited choices of flattering clothing or swim wear styles due to small breasts
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- You are unhappy with the upper part of the breast appearing “empty”
- Your breasts have asymmetry or vary in size or shape from one another
- You currently have breast implants, and are experiencing problems with them
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally, or have an unnatural, elongated shape
The scope and demand of cosmetic surgery has greatly expanded over the last 10 to 15 years. Newer advances saline implants and liposuction techniques are the tangible products of our society’s desire and need to strive for a more positive self-image.
It is important for the patient to discuss his or her cosmetic goals. Together then we can move towards an honest, educated projection prior to surgery. In this way, we aim for results that are a harmonious blend of both the patient’s desires and expectations, and the application of the proper surgical procedure.